Sunday 9 January 2011

Getting back in the swing of things

Isn't it funny how the holidays completely disrupt your routine - or is it just our house?  I'm barely organised still.  Anyway, though I have great plans for the weeks to come (doesn't everyone in the first few weeks of January?!) none were suitable for today, so we did some basic drawing - Freya with crayons and colouring pencils, Riley with felt tip markers.




Apparently colouring pencils are tasty!!!  I'm so pleased - Freya is very into art.  She spent weeks climbing up on to the kitchen table, which drove me absolutely crazy, until I realised she was just trying to get to the crayons, bless her.  How cute is that?  Riley is rather take-it-or-leave-it with art most of the time, so I encourage him as much as I can, and try to provide varied and interesting projects for him, but Freya actually goes looking for art supplies.  (She keeps pointing to the glue on the shelf at the moment - not sure I'm ready for that chaos!)  I hope she continues loving it.  I don't think I've shown you any of Freya's 'finished' scribbles yet, but I thought I would today as in the last few days she's changed from back and forth scribbles to round and round ones.  She's very pleased with herself.  Here it is:



And here's one of Riley's:

No comments:

Post a Comment